Monique Bingham is a South African musician best known for her hit song, ‘Take Me To My Love’ collaborating with Ralf Gum.
Here are facts things you didn’t know about Monique Bingham:
1. Monique Bingham was born in Brooklyn, United States.
2. She has been in the music industry for the past 20 years.
3. Monique’s career began with the acid jazz band Abstract Truth in 1995 at Francois K‘s legendary Axis studios.
4. She has also worked with some of the house scene’s most respected dj/producers: Quentin Harris (“Poor People“/DefectedUK) and Kerri Chandler (“In the Morning“/BiggasoundsUS).
5. Monique’s song with Ralf Gum (Kissing Strangers/GOGO) named Traxsource’s #1 most downloaded song of 2008.
6. She released songs with Karizma and Osunlade (“Good Morning“/R2US) as well as Phil Asher and Bah Samba (“Run“ and “Do It”/Symple SoulUS) in 2009 and 2010.
7. Monique completed her first self-produced single “You.Me.World“ released on her own record label Bigga Sounds in 2011.
8. Monique was featured at the 12th annual Capetown International Jazz Festival 2011.
9. She is the first ever non-South African artist to perform live for 12th annual Metro FM awards in 2013.
10. Monique was elated to collaborate with one of the world’s greatest living jazz legends, “Bra” Hugh Masakela.