Nathi Mankayi is a South African singer best known for his hit song, Nomvula from his new album titled Buyelekhaya.
Here are facts things you didn’t know about Nathi Mankayi:
1. Nkosinathi Mankayi (best known as Nathi Mankayi) was born in Maclear a small town near the Mooi River in the Eastern Cape.
2. Nathi’s single Nomvula has been downloaded by fans more than 100 000 after its release in April this year.
3. He is one of a few artists in South Africa whose album has gone platinum in a matter of weeks after its release.
4. Nathi’s album Buyelekhaya, which is sitting on triple platinum, went platinum within six weeks of its release.
5. He is also a fine artist and some of his paintings are displayed at an art gallery in Eastern Cape.
6. Nathi’s fans among others is Bonang Matheba.
7. He has spent four years behind bars for robbery.
8. He was featured on “Noma Kanjani” by Vusi Nova in 2014.
9. Nathi’s has more than 16 000 Twitter fans and more than 44 000 Facebook fans.
10. He meet with a toddler who his video of singing the lyrics of his song Nomvula went viral on social media.