Sello Maake Ka-Ncube is a South African legendary actor, director and voice-over artist best known for his starring role as Daniel Nyathi on etv popular soapie drama Scandal since 2007!
Here are facts you didn’t know about Sello Maake Ka-Ncube:
1. Sello Maake Ka-Ncube was born on March 12, 1960 in Soweto (Orlando) in Gauteng.
2. He has six children namely Mxolisi, Neo Tsagae, Lerato, Lindo, Onkgopotse and Akhona.
3. Sello’s eldest son, Mxolisi Maake Ka-Ncube, died in a car accident on Friday April 1, 2011.
4. Sello was married to Palesa Mboweni in 2013, marriage that lasted less than 8 months.
5. He started acting at the age of 15.
6. He had a lead role as Archie Moroka on the SABC1 soap opera Generations, from 1993-1997 and again from 1998-2002.
7. He left South Africa for the United Kingdom after his departure from Generation; in the UK he appeared on numerous Stage Plays on London’s West End and the Royal Shakespeare Company.
8. Sello returned to South Africa in 2007 to take up his Lion King role Mufasa in the South African production of The Lion King
9. He starred in the United Kingdom (UK) film, The Man-Eating Lions of Njombe, as Matamula and starred as Othello in the film Othello: A South African Tale.
10. He won several awards which include, DALRO Award for Best Actor for The Suit (1994), Pan African Heritage Broadcast Achievement Award for Drama (2000/2001), FNB Vita Award for Best Performance in a Comedy by a Male for Call Us Crazy (2001) and FNB Vita Nomination for Best Ensemble Performance in Musical Theatre, Best Script of a New South African Play, Best Director and for Best Production, for Komeng (2002).