Idols SA Season 11: ?It’s a showstopper!
Each Idols SA season, there is one Sunday night Spectacular show that sweeps everyone off their feet – the magical Showstopper with its breathtaking choreography, pyrotechnics, special effects and great surprises. This week Sunday it’s showstopper time for Idols SASeason 11!
“And it promises to be the showstoppiest Showstopper of all times,” says M-Net’s Head of Publicity, Lani Lombard. “Chiano Sky is the special guest star and you can look forward to some high-energy performances and complicated dance moves as the remaining contestants give it their all to impress their fans – and inspire enough votes to stay in the game.”
Unfortunately, of course, as always, one of them will not get to perform their Showstopper number as the contestant with the fewest votes this week will be leaving the stage before the show even kicks off. ? ?Here are the numbers that the contestants are rehearsing this week, in alphabetical order:
- Amanda Antony (22) from Port Elizabeth is working on the Cee-Lo Green hit “Forget You”.
- ?Little Miss Dynamite Dineo Moseki (21) from Vryburg is hoping the title of her Ariana Grande song “One Last Time” doesn’t prove to be prophetic.
- Karabo Mogane (24) from Mbombela is going with EDM master Calvin Harris’s “Blame”.
- And 16-year-old Loyiso Gijana from Uitenhage is also in an EDM kind of mood. He’s working on the House hit “Don’t Look Down”, by Martin Garrix.
- Lungisa Xhamela (24) from Langa is keeping it old school with the timeless James Brown classic, “I Feel Good”.
- And Mmatema Moremi (23) from Limpopo is also going back to the classics for Whitney Houston’s “I Wanna Dance With Somebody”.
- Rhema Varrie (21) from Alberton is bringing some Chris Brown magic with “Fine China”.
- And Siphelele Ngcobo (24) from Inanda once again sticks with a South African classic: Mpumi’s “Somandla”.
Voting for the Top 7 will open during Sunday’s show and close at 22:00 on Tuesday, 13 October.