Dumi Masilela died on Thursday (August 3) morning at 29. In memory of the talented actor, singer and soccer player who was best known as Sfiso on Rhythm City, here are five facts you probably need to know about Dumi.
– Dumisani ‘Dumi’ Masilela Dumi was born on 31 May 1988 in Ekurhuleni, Gauteng.
– In 2008, he was living his dream of playing for the PSL soccer team Supersport United when a car accident ended his soccer career, and in instant his life changed.
– In 2012, He made it to the Top 18 of the Idols SA season eight, M-Net singing competition.
– He had written a song dedicated for his wife titled Yena, after he had released his recent single, Shona Phants.
– Dumi was married to former Muvhango actress Simphiwe Ngema (known as Thuli) on a traditional wedding in May 2017.
Watch Dumi perform Ne-Yo’s Sexy Love here: