From its inception through to the new millennium, the Miss South Africa pageant has attracted hundreds of beauties from across the nation and is an integral part of South African life.
Every aspect of the pageant supports the ideals and attributes of today’s woman – a woman who has her own goals and views of her role within society. These ideals are emphasised by the associated charitable causes which largely benefit from Miss South Africa’s patronage.
During Miss SA’s reign she will represent South Africa at both Miss World and Miss Universe pageants. There she will be involved in promotional work and celebrity appearances, she will travel locally and abroad, she will meet dignitaries, celebrities, the privileged, the underprivileged, the sick and the needy. That’s the expectation today, and it’s been growing steadily since Norma Vorster was crowned Miss SA in 1956.
This life changing experience opens doors to business, the arts, the media, retail and other commercial ventures. The world is their oyster and many former Miss South Africa’s have achieved phenomenal success.
Sun International is the license holder of both Miss South Africa and Miss SA Teen. Our focus and commitment to the empowerment of women is not new and our support of this prestigious beauty pageant exceeds that of an annual financial agreement as our involvement extends to Miss South Africa’s support of our own chosen charities.??
The Miss SA beauty pageant has introduced many fiercely intelligent and beautiful ambassadors to South Africa in the last 50 years.
Miss South Africa Selection Criteria
All Miss SA applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years old and not older than 27 years on 01 February 2016.
- Be a South African citizen and in possession of a valid South African ID document or passport.
- Be in possession of a Matric certificate or equivalent qualification.
- Not be married and never have had a marriage annulled.
- Not be engaged.
- Never have been pregnant, never have given birth and not be pregnant.
- Not have any visible tattoos.
- Have no criminal record.
Documentation to be brought with to regional judging
- A copy of your birth certificate, ID book or passport.
- Two recent A4 colour photographs (One head and shoulders, one full length) dressed appropriately. Please note that these photographs will not be returned.
- A copy of your Matric certificate.
|1st August 2015||The Boardwalk Hotel – Ballroom||Eastern Cape|
|15th – 16th August 2015||GrandWest Casino – Market Hall||Western Cape|
|22nd – 24th August 2015||The Maslow – Ballroom||Gauteng|
|5th – 6th September||Sibaya Casino – Imbizo||Kwa-Zulu Natal|
Miss South Africa Rules
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Non-disclosure of any information that is pertinent to entering Miss SA will lead to disqualification ie criminal record / dethroning etc.
- All Miss SA finalists will be required to perform a limited number of engagements.
- Finalists will be contracted to Sun International from 01 December 2015 to 31 March 2016.
- The new Miss SA will remain contracted to Sun International to perform certain duties for 2 years after the completion of her reign, subject to a maximum of 12 days per year.
NB: Rules of the Miss Universe and Miss World pageants are applicable to all Miss SA entrants.??????????????
All auditionees need to register online on the Miss SA website here: Miss South Africa entries.
Entries close on 28 July 2015