Carte Blanche took home the prestigious prize of Best International News Magazine at the 2016 Genesis Awards!
Carte Blanche beat out the likes of National Geographic, the Discovery Channels, and many others.
“We are absolutely thrilled to have won this award as it represents a win in some pretty illustrious company” Says George Mazarakis (Carte Blanche Executive Producer).
“Perhaps more importantly, it sends a signal that we South Africans care for animals and take a stand against cruelty and abuse, no matter where it occurs. That this is recognised on an international platform is in itself most gratifying” he concluded.
The M-Net’s flagship current affairs actuality programme ‘Carte Blanche‘ entered for Brigitte Bardot International Award category for their multiple segments which includes:
– Wild Animals as Pets, part 1 and part 2 (Producer: Sasha Schwendenwein);
– Driven Hunt, part 1 and part 2 (Producer: Kate Barry);
– Canned Lion (Producer: Bernadette Maguire);
– North West Rare Game Empowerment (Producer: Bernadette Maguire);
– Faroe Islands Whale Slaughter (Producer: Michael Duffett);
– Tiger Bones (Producers: Phillip Hattingh and Karl Amman);