In the third edition of the series, brought to you by Absa, a member of Barclays, we are discussing agriculture and its role in the NDP. The National Development Plan marks agriculture as a key job creator, proposing that it can create close to one million jobs by 2030. The third episode, is moderated by CNBC Africa’s news anchor, Gugulethu Cele.
The panel includes:
- Prof Edith Vries: Director – General of the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry.
- Dr Tsakani Ngomane: DDG of the Department of Planning Monitoring and Evaluation in the Office of the President
- Mr Brienne van der Walt: Managing Executive – Agri Business, Barclays Africa
- Mr Peter Staude: CEO – Tongaat Hulett
The discussion will address elements of transformation, job creation and skills development, land reform, commercial agriculture and growth, food security and the land holdings bill.
* “ NDP A Plan in Motion “ is a 12 month televised series of panel discussions on the National Development Plan (NDP) launched on CNBC Africa in February 2015. For previous episodes visit http://www.cnbcafrica.com/insights/special-reports/national-development-plan/
CNBC Africa brings you another first. Don’t miss a chance to see this insightful discussion on the potential of agriculture on CNBC Africa, DStv channel 410, this Tuesday 28 April, at 21:30!