Biography of Connie Ferguson – Date of Birth: 10 June 1970
Connie Ferguson (née Masilo) was born on 10th June 1970 in Kimberly, North West in South Africa. Connie is a South African actress, model, presenter, producer and philanthropist is best known for her role as Karobo Moroka on SABC 1 soapie opera. She is married to an actor and producer Aaron “Shona” Ferguson.
- Her television appearances include presenting on Eduspectrum , Molomo Radiopotso , Is’godi , Topscor e, Handy Hint s, Studio Mix , Continuity – CCV and SABC 2 and Plascon Change your World.
- She is one of the first actors who appeared on Generation’s first episode on February 4, 1994 til 2010 and the re-joined the Soapie in 2014 (Generations: The Legacy).
- Connie played lead roles in What if , Crime Reporter , Maitemogelo , Soul City 1, 2 and 4.
- She had a lead role in the production Cape of Good Hope and made a guest appearance in Okavango . She’s made cameo appearances in Danger Zone , Matswakabele 2 and 3 , Lesilo Rula 2.
- Connie Ferguson joined M-Net’s short-lived sopie, The Wild, as Marang Lebone
- In June 2013 Connie Ferguson along with her husband Shona Ferguson produced and starred in a new drama series, Rockville.
- Connie appeared in advertisements for Ellerines ( between 1990 and ’91), Ultramel Custard (1992, 1995), Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion (1992) and Black Like Me (1998).
- Her advertising work also includes numerous fashion and beauty shoots, Wella Sheen , Eskamel , Black Chic , Vodacom Billboards and ConnieM Eyewear.
- She is the face of Garnier
- She is the owner of True Self fragrance.
- Connie she the owner of body care products called Connie Body Care
- She co-own a TV and film production company called Ferguson Films, which produced drama Rockville for Mzansi Magic, DStv Channel 161
- She appeared on the cover of many local magazines including True Love , Ebony , Tribute , Drum and Pace.
The awards she received include:
- Connnie was voted one of South Africa ‘s Ten Most beautiful Women in 1993 by Cosmopolitan Magazine.
- She won PAWE Young Artist Award in 1998.
- Recognition Award and certificate of Excellence – S.A Foundation for Excellence and Achievement in 1998.
- Sexiest Female Personality – Duku Duku Awards (2000).
- Best Dressed Female Celebrity – Duku Duku Awards (2001)
- Most Stylish Actress in a soap – Sunday Times/Elle magazine TV Style Award (2002).
The awards nominations include:
- Your Star Award (1994) in the category of Most popular Actress
- Most Popular Personality – Duku Duku Awards (1999)
- Most Stylish Performing Artist – Style Award ( 2001)
- Best Actress – Duku Duku Awards (2001)
- Best Smile – Duku Duku Awards (2001).
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/connie_ferguson (Connie Ferguson (@Connie_Ferguson))
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Connie-Ferguson/145513425495206
- Intagram: https://instagram.com/connie_ferguson/?hl=en
Do you have more information about the biography? Please send us an email to [email protected]