Limpopo Media House has today launched the 2nd edition of the Films, Arts, Music and Entertainment (F.A.M.E) Awards aimed at celebrating the outstanding performances of entertainers.
The awards are open only to entertainers from Limpopo across the arts.
Chairman of F.A.M.E SA Awards Legacy Matodzi Makananisa has also welcomed a host of sponsors backing the 2nd F.A.M.Es. National Lotteries Commission, Mining giants De Beers Group of Companies, Old Mutual Limpopo and the Department of Sports, Arts and Culture are leading an impressive list of massive investors. Between them, about R6m has been raised to run the awards this year.
Makananisa said this kind of support has increased the pressure in ensuring that they produce the best awards ever. For the first time this year, a new car will also be given away.
Following the collapse of part of the Multipurpose Centre at the University of Limpopo where the inaugural edition was held, the F.A.M.Es will for the first time be held at the Ngoako Ramahlodi Multipurpose Centre in Seshego on Saturday, 28 May 2016.
The F.A.M.E’s nominations/entries opened on the 5st of April 2016. The closing date for entries/nominations is the 25th of April 2016.
The F.A.M.Es will have two parts this year which will unfold over two days. Day 1 will see the 2nd Limpopo Media, Sports and Communicators awards on Friday 27th starting at 6pm. This leg will be held at the Peter Mokaba stadium lounge.
The Day 2 of the F.A.M.Es will start at 10am on Saturday morning with a charity golf. The F.A.M.E Awards start at 6pm at Ngoako Ramatlhodi Sports Complex (Multipurpose Centre).
The F.A.M.Es slogan this year is: “Winners never quit and quitters never win”. Makananisa said this is in line with encouraging entertainers to stick it out and never give up.
New categories have also been included this year. This is aimed at extending the platform to recognize and reward brilliance from a vastly talented Limpopo. Extra ordinary business and academic achievers will receive special invitation to attend the main awards.
“We are celebrating our entertainers for their excellent contribution towards the growth of the entertainment industry both in the province and nationally. We are however mindful of the difficulties entertainers in Limpopo are grappling with from time to time. We are saying to them you must never quit because quitters never win. It is a weekend of pride for Limpopo as we celebrate everyone from community media to entertainment,” says Makananisa
As part of creating further awareness, the F.A.M.Es will embark on “The road to F.A.M.E”, which are roadshows/activations to galvanize support for the main event. This will see Pretoria hosting one of the activations including the following districts of Limpopo: Waterberg, Sekhukhune, Mopani, Vhembe and Capricorn District ahead of the big one at Seshego, the biggest township in Limpopo.
About R1m in cash prizes, one car and statuettes will be given away at this year awards. More details on these social media accounts: @FAMESAAwards on twitter and on facebook it’s FAMESAAwards or visit www.famesaawards.co.za (still under construction). Or Email [email protected]
• All material and recordings, with special exception of Films category, eligible for entry at the 2nd F.A.M.Es must have been released between 1 April 2015 and 25 April 2016.
• Nominations/ Entry forms and rules and regulations document can be requested by email via [email protected], completed and hand delivered to number 80 Schoeman Street in Polokwane and accepted by Kgaogelo Matlhoana.
• All queries must be e-mailed to [email protected] or call 072 785 7678.
• All the above must reach Limpopo Media House by no later than the published closing date being 25 APRIL 2016 at 17h00.
F.A.M.E 2016 CATEGORIES:
DAY 1: LIMPOPO SPORTS, MEDIA AND COMMUNICATORS AWARDS
1. National Print Journalist of the year: (Adjudicated by a panel)
2. Radio Journalist/Reporter of the Year: (Adjudicated by a panel)
3. Community Print Journalist of the year: (Adjudicated by a panel)
4. Radio Newsreader of the Year: (Adjudicated by a panel)
5. Community Radio Newsreader of the year: (Adjudicated by a panel)
6. Radio Current Affairs Host of the year: (Adjudicated by a panel)
7. Community Radio Current Affairs Host of the year: (Adjudicated by a panel)
8. The Mathatha Tsedu Award: (This is our version of the legendary Award. Through this, we will acknowledge big names who have made their mark either at national or community level. Those who are today role models inspiring up and coming journalists to believe in impossibilities. Just like the story of Mr Mathatha Tsedu, we will use this award to honour successful journalists who have defied the odds and made it by overcoming extremely difficult conditions. This is where legends will be honoured.) Awarded by Chairman of the Awards Mr Matodzi Makananisa
9. The Elijah Mushiana (Photographer of the year) Award: (Adjudicated by a panel)
10. The Ramatsiyi Moholoa (Print Sports Writer of the year) Award: (Adjudicated by a panel)
11. Best Sports Radio Reporter: (Adjudicated by a panel)
12. Best Sports Radio Program: (Adjudicated by a panel)
13. Best Sports Team Spokesperson: (voted for by the journalists)
14. Best Disabled Sports personality: (voted for by the journalists)
15. Sports Team Coach of the year: (voted for by the journalists)
16. Life Time achievement in Sports
17. Best Government Spokesperson: (National Department/Minister/Institution- voted for by the journalists)
18. Best Government Communicator: (Provincial Department/Mec/Institution- voted for by the journalists)
19. Best Government Communicator: (District Municipality- voted for by the journalists)
20. Best Government Communicator: (Local Municipality- voted for by the journalists)
21. Best Government Communicator: (Media Liaison- voted for by the journalists)
22. Best Sports Team: (Voted for by the public via sms line)
23. Best Sports personality: (voted for by the public via sms line)
DAY 2: F.A.M.E Awards categories
1. Best Tsonga Artist
2. Best Pedi Artist
3. Best Venda Artist
4. Best R&B/Afro Jazz Artist/Group:
5. Best Newcomer (It cuts across the arts. This is a new comer generally in the Entertainment Industry):
6. Trendsetter of the Year:
7. Best Styled Personality:
8. Fashion Designer of the Year:
9. Best Gospel Artist/ Group:
10. Best Gospel Choir
11. Best Gospel DVD
12. Lifetime Achievement Award
13. Best Male Artist:
14. Best Female Artist:
15. Best Dance Artist:
16. 2015 Community Radio Station of the Year
17. Best Community Radio Personality
18. Best Community Weekend Radio Personality
19. Best Radio Entertainment Reporter
20. Best Prime Time Radio Personality:
21. Best Weekend Radio Personality
22. Best Gospel Radio Personality
23. Best Night Time Radio Personality
24. Best Radio Duo/Co-presenters (Prize money for the Producer)
25. Best TV presenter:
26. Best TV Actress:
27. Best TV Actor:
28. Best Film Actor/Actress:
29. Best Film (Out of Limpopo):
30. Best Film Producer:
31. Best Comedian:
32. Best Duo/ Group:
33. King of Venrap:
34. Best Collabo:
35. Best Single:
36. Best Music Video
37. Best Hip Hop Artist/Group:
38. Best Radio DJ: (DJ’s that get invited to play on Capricorn FM, Phalaphala FM, Munghana and Thobela FM and other national radio stations outside Limpopo like Metro FM and 5FM. They must submit copies of their live mixes on radio as proof.)
39. Song of the Year 2015
40. Entertainer of the year