Great opportunity for upcoming producers – etv is looking for new documentaries to be aired in 2017. The documentaries that tell a unique story about a person or group from one of these regions in South Africa: Eastern Cape, Free State, KwaZulu-Natal, Limpopo, Mpumalanga and the North West provinces.
What you need to know:
Theme: The documentary should tell the story of a dynamic and inspirational person or people from your region who are taking their future into their own hands and writing their own stories. The stories should be about people who are living and thinking out of the box, fire starters, and game changers. The topic chosen must hold appeal for a national audience.
Eligible Provinces: This invitation is restricted to producers who operate in the following provinces: Eastern Cape, Free State, KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, Mpumalanga, Northern Cape and North West.
Slot: Sunday at 18h30 prime time but the documentary must be suitable for early prime time and daytime viewing too.
Target audience: General South African public
Language breakdown: English but at least 15% of the dialogue must be in languages other than English which are unique to the province.
Length: 23 (twenty three) minutes
Budget: R180 000
– A detailed treatment of the proposed documentary;
– A description of the locations where the documentary is to be shot and the names of individuals to be interviewed;
– Proposed name/s of the presenter or commentator, if any;
– Production budget incorporating a detailed description on personnel, equipment and resource requirements;
– Information which confirms that the key personnel working on the documentary are based in the province concerned.
Production company requirements:
– e.tv will accept programme proposals only from South African production companies which have a registered business address in the province concerned.
– Production company must provide proof of previous productions completed.
– All programme proposals from production companies must include the following information.
– Name, address and telephone numbers of person representing the company for purposes of the proposal.
– Name and registration number of production company.
– Registered address of company.
– Names, race and gender of shareholders of production company.
– Names, race and gender of directors of production company.
– Names, race and gender of senior personnel at the production company and their positions.
– Details of training initiatives engaged in by the production company over the past 12 months.
– Showreel of previously produced content; and
– A copy of the company’s BEE verification certificate.
You can send your proposal to: [email protected]
Closing date for applications: Monday, 27 June 2016
Please note: you need to submit and sign this disclaimer document with your submission: Disclaimer.
The Terms and Conditions are as follows:
Submission of the proposals is based on the unconditional acceptance by the producer of the terms and conditions in this invitation.
e.tv may, at any time prior to the closing date for the submission of the proposals, inform interested persons of an amendment to this document.
The documents requested and information sought (as set out above) must be provided. Failure to furnish all required information or documentation or the furnishing of any false or misleading statement or document may disqualify the proposal.
All costs incurred in the preparation and submission of the proposals must be carried by the producer concerned. e.tv will under no circumstances be liable for costs.
e.tv’s decision concerning the commissioning of programme proposals is final.
e.tv is under no obligation to provide feedback on particular proposals and will not enter into any correspondence on the proposals.
Producers who supply material or tapes do so at their own risk. Owing to the administration involved, e.tv will not return to producers any material or tapes submitted to it in terms of this invitation.