Idols SA 2015 just wrapped up season eleven by announcing the winner on Sunday evening (22 November 2015)!
Mmatema Moremi (23) from Zebiedela in Limpopo and Karabo Mogane (24) from Mbombela in Mpumalanga were the final two contestants left in the contest and both gave it their all last night in some of their final performances of the season.
Ultimately, one was sent home and the other was crowned the winner!
Karabo is the eighth male singer — and the first from Mpumalanga in Idols SA history to win the competition.
In addition to a recording contract with Universal Music South Africa Karabo also wins:
- R700 000 cash from M-Net, Mzansi Magic and Telkom SA, as well as a SmartBroadband Wireless 50GB 55 Inch Smart TV, a Huawei B593 4G LTE router with a 24-month Repeater Deal 6 and 50GB + 50GB Night Surfer (100GB), as well as a PlayStation 4, worth a total of R41 000 from Telkom SA,
- a R225 900 Ford Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost Titanium from Ford South Africa,
- From Truworths, fashion to the value of R100 000,
- Microphone equipment from Shure to the value of R135 000, including a ULX-D dual wireless digital receiver, with 2 Shure Beta58 microphones, an in-ear earphone and monitor system, and a flight case to house the equipment,
- And from Yamaha, R70 000 worth of musical equipment.
Headline Idols SA sponsor Telkom SA will also fly Karabo to L.A. next year to attend the finalé of American Idol, which comes to a close next year after fifteen successful seasons. And he also gets to open for South African supergroup MiCasa on the final concert of their “Dare To Love” tour at Carnival City on the 11th of December.
Karabo’s winner’s single “Ding Dong” is available for download right now and is already charting on the South African iTunes chart.
Image Credit: twitter / Idols SA