Aside for playing her recurring role as Bontle on SABC1’ Skeem Saam – what else do you know about Kea Leburu?
1. Kea Leburu was born on the 10th February 1995 in Kagiso township, west of Johannesburg.
2. Kea’s full names is Keamogetswe Trudy Leburu.
3. She attended Bosele Primary School, where she discovered her interest in and love for netball.
4. She went on to matriculate from Mosupatsela High School.
5. Kea was raised by her grandparents following the loss of both her parents – her father in 2004 and her mother a year later in 2005.
6. In 2013, she was discovered by mentor Peter Se-Puma in Soweto and landed a cameo role on the e.tv soapie Rhythm City, which marked her screen acting debut.
7. She was a dancer for the award-winning pop group Mafikizolo, from 2013 to 2014.
8. Kea was an extra on the SABC1 soapie Generations and the Mzansi Magic soapie Zabalaza.
9. She also had a small role on a “Lokshin Bioskop” film on Mzansi Magic.
10. Kea is also notable for her guest-star role as Busi in the second season of the television programme Ngempela, and for appearing in the sitcom Ga Re Dumele as Magauta.