KykNET Musiek is getting a facelift and will be available as kykNET NOU! from 3 August 2015.
M-Net Head of Afrikaans channels, Karen Meiring, describes kykNET NOU! as an exciting evolution initiated by kykNET with the aim of supporting the entertainment industry.
kykNET NOU! will include a variety of entertaining content, including talk, lifestyle and music shows.
“We strive to keep viewers up to date with events on the social calender, such as festivals, concerts and solo performances,” Meiring says. “kykNET NOU! will also be very active on digital platforms.”
kykNET NOU! will be available on the DStv-family bouquet, DStv Compact and DStv Extra – it’s your only Afrikaans music and entertainment destination on TV and digital platforms, as well as at festivals.
This is some of the entertainment you can look forward to:
- The new breakfast show, Groot Ontbyt, will be broadcast from 10 August, weekdays 06:00 – 08:00. Content will include news, traffic, a weather forecast and interesting stories from Johrné van Huysteen, Nadia Beukes and the rest of the team, broadcasting live from GrootFM’s studios in Pretoria.
- Jou Show, with the hilarious Emo Adams as host and various guests each week, airs on Mondays at 20:00. Reis na Gister, with Jak de Priester visiting the places various SA celebs grew up in, follows at 21:00
- #MyMusiek, Tuesdays at 20:00, gives viewers the opportunity to see their 8 favourite Afrikaans music videos on TV. Viewers will be able to submit their playlists via the kykNET website.
- Tuesdays at 21:00 Singstories features iconic artists who chats about what inspire them.
- Fiesta is on at 19:30 on Wednesday, and at 20:30, Gerrie Pretorius invites you to travel with him to local and internation destinations. This is followed by Varstrap, a boeremusiek program, at 21:00.
- Thursdays at 19:30 it’s time for digiTAAL, featuring a roundup of the week’s top content featured on social media platforms.
- Karen Zoid entertains night owls with the first season of the very popular Die Republiek van Zoid Afrika.
- Fridays at 20:00 Flits presenters Bouwer Bosch and Rozanne McKenzie features the latest entertainment news.
- Saturdays #LekkerTV and Jukebox are on at their usual times.
- Bravo! shows us the glitz and glamour of the red carpet at 18:30 on Sundays.
- JAM! is having a facelift in August, which viewers will see Sundays at 19:30.
- Sing in Harmonie, the choir competition feature primary schools across the country, is still in its usual spot and viewers can look forward to the big finale on 30 August.
- Especially for the MK fans we dedicate a whole hour to MK music videos every Friday and Saturday at midnight.
Why the change?
To enrich the current content by adding a dose of entertainment to the music menu.
Who will enjoy kykNET NOU!?
The whole familly – including the young ones, as well as those young at heart.
When will kykNET NOU! be available?
From Monday 3 August 2015 on DStv Channel 146.