Miss South Africa 2017 is finally here!
The Search for 2016 Miss South Africa will be opening today for those who have big dreams in following into the footsteps of current reigning queen Ntandoyenkosi Kunene. The entries for the 2017 leg of the pageant will open on Monday, June 13, 2016.
The Miss SA Pageant will be held at Sun City in February 2017.
Log onto the Miss South Africa website to enter at www.misssa.co.za.
MISS SOUTH AFRICA SELECTION CRITERIA
All Miss SA applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years old and not older than 27 years on 01 February 2017.
- Be a South African citizen and in possession of a valid South African ID document or passport.
- Be in possession of a Matric certificate or equivalent qualification.
- Not be married and never have had a marriage annulled.
- Not be engaged.
- Never have been pregnant, never have given birth and not be pregnant.
- Not have any VISIBLE tattoos.
- Have no criminal record.
- Be truthful in respect of all matters in relation to the run-up to the pageant, the pageant itself and the period after the pageant. False information will lead to disqualification.
Documentation to be brought with to regional judging:
- Copy of your birth certificate, ID book or passport.
- Two recent A4 colour photographs (One head and shoulders, one full length) dressed appropriately. Please note that these photographs will not be returned.
- A copy of your Matric certificate.
Please ensure you bring the following with to the venue:
- High heels
- A bikini (not a full costume)
- Sarong/Robe to cover your body while waiting to go into the audition room
- Day Wear
ENTRY PROCESS FOR MISS SA 2017
- Those who wish to enter Miss SA 2017 need to register online when entries open on June 13.
- All entrants will be required to attend the judging sessions at the judging venues which will soon be communicated.
- There will be entry forms available at the regional judging venues for those who miss the online registrations.
- Online registration will save you the time of filling in the form at the venue, and also assist in making the process simpler.
PLEASE NOTE THAT NON-ATTENDANCE AT A REGIONAL JUDGING SESSION WILL MEAN THAT YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ENTRY INTO THE COMPETITION
MISS SA RULES
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Finalists will be contracted to Sun International to partake in pre-pageant activities.
- All Miss SA finalists will be required to perform a limited number of engagements. They will therefore not be eligible to enter another competition.
- The Miss SA 2016 will be contracted to Sun International for the full year of her reign.
- She will remain contracted to Sun International, the official licence holders, for two year after the completion of her reign, for a maximum of 12 days a year.
- No employees of Sun International, Cell C, the sponsors, advertising agencies or suppliers associated with the pageant will be permitted to enter.