Actor Nyaniso Dzedze is best known as Tsietsi on Ashes to Ashes, but how much do you know about the star? Check out these Nyaniso Dzedze Fun Facts to find out more about him!
Did You Know…
- Nyaniso is actually his middle name, his full name is Nyaniso Ntsikelelo Dzedze.
- He was born in Eastern Cape on September 13, 1986.
- Nyaniso’s nick name is The Wizard Of Art.
- He is fluent in English, Xhosa and Zulu.
- He is also a theatre actor, dancer, choreographer and singer.
- He received a BADA Degree from Wits School of Arts (2006 – 2009), specialising in acting and physical theatre.
- He did a one-year internship at the Forgotten Angle Theatre Collaboration (FACT)
- Nyaniso trained with Gregory Maqoma at Vuyani Dance Theatre in 2011.
- He has performed in a number of theatre productions including Uhami Aji (directed by Thabo Rapoo and Nthati Moshesh), Wounded Bull (directed by Thato Cele), Notes to Beverley (directed by Khutjo Bakunzi) and Thirst (directed by James Ngcobo).
- He had a starring role on a shoart-film called Ukhamba (directed by Magalela Mtshali) as Mpondo.
- He also played a lead role as Muzi on South African dance film, Hear Me Move.
- He made his debut appearance on the season 1 of Ashes to Ashes on Monday, May 2, 2015.